Everything Gary said.

Something interesting Netflix said this week at the ccevent conference was they
were able to depreciate Reserved Instance payments as a capital expenditure.

Also, c1.xlarge is one of only three instance types that seem to get its own
physical server for each instance (others are m2.4xlarge and cc1.xlarge iirc).