Has anyone tried the "zig-zag" merge join algorithm that Google uses to do
something similar with their AppEngine data store (BigTable)? It's described
here starting on slide 29:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/16952419/Building-scalable-complex-apps-on-App-Engine

<http://www.scribd.com/doc/16952419/Building-scalable-complex-apps-on-App-Engine>It
seems like you could use this technique across multiple tables to perform
equality tests without building additional indices.

Jesse