Hey everyone,

I've got a situation where my data loads to HBase are failing.

The data is sent an isolated HBase cluster from a different hadoop cluster.
What I see is that the performance is pretty bad (around 40k burst, 1k average
inserts - with about 200 byte payloads).  If I were to write a standalone java
client to hit the cluster I can get a sustained 40k ops/sec insert. 80k
ops/second if I run in a different window.

The network is all gigE. 4GB heap on region server.Nothing external of the
HBase system running on the cluster.

>From the MR side we see that the job eventually gets to 50% and then fails
>with no status updates in 600 seconds.  If we were to write a simple java MR
>that shoves in about 10Gb data through 20 reducers it also chokes and dies.

Is there anything that we should be looking at?  As a point of reference at
0.26 we could push 250k ops / sec same jobs averaging in the 150's.  We also
applied the META MEMSTORE_FLUSHSIZE fix
(http://hbase.apache.org/book/upgrading.html)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,