On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 11:58 AM, Venkatesh <vramanatha...@aol.com> wrote:

>  I was hoping that too..
> I don't have scripts to generate # requests from shell..I will try that..

Did you try it?

Above you seem to say that a simple put of < 100 bytes takes 2 seconds
where in 0.20.6 it took < 10 milliseconds.  A put from shell of 100
bytes is easy enough to do.

hbase> put 'YOUR_TABLE', 'SOME_ROW', 'SOME_COLUMN', 'SOME_STRING_OF_100_BYTES'

The shell will print out rough numbers on how long it takes to do the
put (from ruby).

> I did n't pre-create regions in 0.20.6 & it handled fine the same load..
> I'll try performance in 0.90.2 by precreating regions..
>
> Would sharing a single HBaseConfiguration object for all threads hurt
> performance?

I'd doubt that this is the issue.  It should help usually.

St.Ack