Himanish,

Are we talking about an African or European Swallow?
(Sorry its a reference to the Monty Python movie scene where they cross the
bridge after being asked 3 questions which they must answer correctly? [What's
the forward air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?])

The point is that you're asking a question which has no valid answer because
there are so many variables that will effect the timings.

Just to list a couple of the things that will impact your performance:
1) Hardware
2) Network topology
3) Table schema.
4) Tuning of Hadoop environment
5) Caching? Oh wait, that could be considered Tuning.

So while I can understand that you want to improve your performance, you really
have to get down and look at a couple of larger issues.

-Mike

PS. Whatever expectations you have, you'll need to lower them. ;-)