Hi,

You can have this if the region moved, i.e. was previously managed by
this region server and is now managed by another. The client keeps a
cache of the locations, so after a move it will first contact the
wrong server. Then the client will update its cache. By default there
are 10 internal retries so the next retry will be the right one, and
this error should not be seen in the customer code.

 In 0.96 the regions server will send back a RegionMovedException with
the new location if the move is not too old (less than around ~5
minutes if I remember well).

N.