Hi,

What are your queries exactly? What's the HBase version?

The mechanism is:
- There is a location cache, per HConnection, on the client
- The client first tries the region server in its cache
- if it fails, the client removes this entry from the cache and enters
the retry loop
- there is a limited amount of retries and a sleep between the retries
- most of the times, the client will connect to meta to get the new location

When there are multiple queries, before HBASE-5924, the errors will be
analyzed after the other regions servers has returned as well. It
could be an explanation. HBASE-5877 exists as well, but only for
moves, not for splits...

Cheers,

N.