Questions about unit tests:
1) I ran this to execute all tests in the filter package - mvn test
-Dtest=org.apache.hadoop.hbase.filter.*
The ColumnRangeFilter test fails with this error

Test set: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.filter.TestColumnRangeFilter
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 3.136 sec
<<< FAILURE!
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.filter.TestColumnRangeFilter  Time elapsed: 0 sec
 <<< ERROR!
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.MiniDFSCluster.startDataNodes(MiniDFSCluster.java:422)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.MiniDFSCluster.<init>(MiniDFSCluster.java:280)
 at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseTestingUtility.startMiniDFSCluster(HBaseTestingUtility.java:449)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseTestingUtility.startMiniCluster(HBaseTestingUtility.java:617)
 at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseTestingUtility.startMiniCluster(HBaseTestingUtility.java:573)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseTestingUtility.startMiniCluster(HBaseTestingUtility.java:542)
 at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.filter.TestColumnRangeFilter.setUpBeforeClass(TestColumnRangeFilter.java:135)
 at
at
at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:45)
 at
org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:15)
at
org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:42)
 at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:27)
at
org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:30)
 at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:300)
at org.junit.runners.Suite.runChild(Suite.java:128)
 at org.junit.runners.Suite.runChild(Suite.java:24)
at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:231)
 at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:439)
at
 at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Is this a permissions issue?

2) I tried to run a single test like this *mvn test
-Dtest=org.apache.hadoop.hbase.filter.TestPrefixFilter* and this *mvn test
-Dtest=TestPrefixFilter*

But that fails with this error

 Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.12-TRUNK-HBASE-2:test
(secondPartTestsExecution) on project hbase: No tests were executed!  (Set
-DfailIfNoTests=false to ignore this error.) -> [Help 1]

What am I doing wrong here?

--
Regards,
Premal Shah.