Hi everyone,

This question may have been asked many times  but I would really appreciate
if some one can help me  on how to go about this.

Currently my hbase table consists of about 10 columns per row  which in
total has an average size of  5K.The chunk of the size is held by  one
particular column(more than 4K).Would it help to move  this column out to a
different column family when we do reads.There are cases where we just need
to access the smaller columns and  there is another set of use cases where
you need both the data(the one in smaller column and this huge data
chunk).In general I am trying to answer the below questions in this
scenario.

1.Would seperating to multiple column families affect  hbase write
performance?

2. How would if affect my read performance considering both the read cases?

3.Is there any advantage that I am gaining by seperating into multiple cfs?

I would really appreciate if any one could  point me in the right direction.

-Thanks
Nishan