So I have set the heap to 12Gb and the memstore limit to upperLimit .5
lowerLimit .45. I am not seeing any changes in behavior from the cluster so
far, i have restarted 4/17 region servers. Do I need to restart master for the
memstore to take effect? Also how do I enable logging to show why a region is
being flushed? I don’t ever seen the region flushes in my logs.

Thanks,
Pere