Hi Gaurav,

Region information of Table is stored in meta table. If you want to delete
a region, actually you should delete a row in meta table. In HBase shell:

deleteall 'hbase:meta', 'ROW_FROM_META_WITH_YOUR_TABLE'

If you are not sure what the row you want to delete run a scan on the META
or dump its value into a file:

echo "scan 'hbase:meta' "| hbase shell &> dump.txt

then find your row and delete it. As you asked after region delete
operation table has some holes. make sure you run hbase hbck -repair to fix
those.

Hth