Hello,

We've been using CDH community for a few years now, but have reached the
point where we want to be able to do some development and backporting
upstream. We'd like to keep the base CDH packaging for consistency, but
have come up with some automation around building CDH from source RPM, with
our patches applied.

I realize this starts to get into the territory of self-support, and we're
ready for that in the areas we plan to work (mostly around
reporting/monitoring, for now). But I'd like to know if anyone has any best
practices for testing that your build of HBase is up to snuff?

Are the built in unit tests enough? Do you run YCSB? PerformanceEval?
Something else?

While we will of course be careful with testing and stressing our own
changes, I'm also just wanting to make sure that the we are hitting all the
right places to catch artifacts from the build process or missed upstream
issues.

Thanks!