Hi,

I found this blog post from 2014 on sources of HBase client side latency
which I found useful:

https://hadoop-hbase.blogspot.com/2014/08/hbase-client-response-times.html?showComment=1461099797978#c5266762058464276023

Since this is a bit dated, anyone have any other sources of latency to add?
In our experience with HBase 1.x so far we've definitely seen long
latencies when a region server dies, but we've also seen it during
auto-splits which this post suggests shouldn't be that long.

Then we have other unexplained (so far, at least by us) big response time
spikes and client side timeouts that can last a few minutes or in some
cases a couple of hours that we'd like to explain. Could these be from
either automatic major compaction or minor compactions that got upgraded to
major?

Any advice on where to start looking to investigate?

Thanks.

----
Saad