Hi,

I'm using Pig-HBaseStorage to load data from Hbase table,

I see the following option:

regex=regex Return rows with a rowKey that match this regex on KeyVal

Which means all rowkeys that match this regex expression will be returned.

My question is if there is a HBase table with rowkey of format:
usertype_timestamp_userId

And if regex expression is ex: partner_0123234_* [ usertype_timestamp_*]

Will a full table scan be done for the above regex where we specified the
startkey regex?
Or, will Hbase be able to lookup rows for the above regex.

If a regex is of type *_012345_334576 [*_timestamp_userid], I agree, a full
table scan is required.

Any clarifications would be helpful.

Thanks
Kanagha