Thank you for your reply.

@Ted actually i am implementing Authentication Handler to secure HBase Rest
service gateway. I don't have any idea to secure HBase thrift server with
authentication. I don't want to enable security for HBase services but i
want to secure HBase rest service alone. How can i do that?

@Jerry So do you mean that Custom AuthFilter should be implemented to
achieve this? Seems there is no update in Jira since 2014.

Thanks