On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 9:31 AM, jeff saremi <jeffsar...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> while I'm still trying to find anything useful in the logs, my question is
> why isn't HBase self managing this?

It should do better here, yes (I thought TooBusy retried but I am not
finding it at the mo.). Exception is thrown for such as the reasons James
lists -- in essence out of resources --  including the case where we fail
to obtain lock inside the configured timeouts (row lock on write or region
lock doing bulk load). As James notes, you should see the too busy dumped
into the regionserver log at time of issue. Having this, you can figure
what resource is crimped. Is there no more detail on client side on the
root of the TooBusy exceptions?