regionserver logs on your server would tell you what happened during the
ingestion.

BTW Mob feature is not in 1.1.x releases. You're likely using a vendor's
backport.

There have been continuous improvements to Mob feature since its initial
checkin.
So there may be some difference in the details between the release you use
and hbase 2.0 (which I used to generate the logs I quoted).