From: Misty Linville <mi...@apache.org>
Sent: 19 July 2019 01:46
To: HBase Dev List; hbase-user
Cc: Duo Zhang; priv...@hbase.apache.org
Subject: [Announce] 张铎 (Duo Zhang) is Apache HBase PMC chair

Each Apache project has a project management committee (PMC) that oversees
governance of the project, votes on new committers and PMC members, and
ensures that the software we produce adheres to the standards of the
Foundation. One of the roles on the PMC is the PMC chair. The PMC chair
represents the project as a Vice President of the Foundation and
communicates to the board about the project's health, once per quarter and
at other times as needed.

It's been my honor to serve as your PMC chair since 2017, when I took over
from Andrew Purtell. I've decided to step back from my volunteer ASF
activities to leave room in my life for other things. The HBase PMC
nominated Duo for this role, and Duo has kindly agreed! The board passed
this resolution in its meeting yesterday[1] and it is already official[2].
Congratulations, Duo, and thank you for continuing to honor the project
with your dedication.

Misty

[1] The minutes have not yet posted at the time of this email, but will be
available at http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2019/.
[2] https://www.apache.org/foundation/#who-runs-the-asf