Hi,

I have a row key like this:

<id>:<time>

There are millions of records per id throughout the day.

When querying for id=xyz, I want one row (either the first or the last
depending) for every 5 minute time bucket in a specific time range.

I can do this efficiently with a single scan and custom filter that uses
the SEEK_NEXT_USING_HINT feature to skip from the beginning of one five
minute bucket to the next.

However, it only works if I want the first row in every time bucket. If I
want the last row in every time bucket I have to reverse my whole scan.

Is there a way to seek in the opposite direction of the scan? I've tried
but such seek hints seem to be silently ignored.

If not, is there some other efficient, single-scan way to get the last row
for every time bucket while scanning in ascending order?

Thanks,

Whitney