1) When I cancel hive job with Ctrl C, I noticed that java/hive processes still
run on some of my nodes.
I shutdown hadfoop, and restarted it, but noticed that  2 or 3 java/hadoop
processes were still running on each node.
So we went to each node and did a 'killall java' - in some cases I had to do
'killall -9 java'.
My question : why is is this happening and what would be recommendations , how
to make sure that there is no hadoop / hive processes running after I stopped
hadoop with stop-all.sh?

PS : The reason that I needed to Ctrl C hive process in a first place was  :
if I ran hive -e 'select ....",
job would finish, result file would be created Iand  see 'OK' on a screen for 7
-10 min, before it will actually give me a prompt.
Why is this happening ?