hmm I don't know of such a place ... but if I had to debug, I'd try to
understand the following:
1) are the underlying files zipped/compressed ... that ususally makes it
slower.
2) are the files located on the hard drive or hdfs?
3) are all the cores being used? ... check number of reduce and map tasks.

-Ajo