Hive isn't really a replacement for mysql. Please read about hive and big
data. The use cases for hive are quite different as compared to the use
cass for mysql. Mysql is for real time ad-hoc queries, like showing some
information on a webpage or search results. MySQL is a relational database,
supports ACID properties, hive doesn't .MySQL tables perform well for upto
millions of rows, hive is generally used for much much more than that.

Hive is generally used for batch processing on a huge amount(Terabytes,
even Petabytes) of data. This data has to be already present in HDFS in
hive table format. Hive is based on hadoop and runs mapreduce jobs to
process the query.

Remember by saying you want to switch from mysql to hive...you actually
mean you are moving from RDBMS to  Big Data Technology.

This is not a small change and requires changes right from ingestion of
data to querying it. But before  you do that, please make sure if Hive is
actually the tool you want to use and If you are okay with latency and the
absence of all the features that a RDBMS provides and hive doesn't.

This is