Dear all,

I installed CDH, kerberos, sentry to enable security for hive beeline. I
did following commands:

# kinit -k -t hive.keytab hive/
ip-172-31-9-84.us-west-2.compute.inter...@hadoop.com

# beeline -u
"jdbc:hive2://ip-172-31-9-84.us-west-2.compute.internal:10000/default;principal=hive/
ip-172-31-9-84.us-west-2.compute.inte...@hadoop.com"

and in beeline CLI:
# show databases
# show tables
these 2 "show" commands did work well and return all the databases and
tables we had.

However, after I changed some configuration and restart hive,  and rerun
above commands with "hive" user, it was  strange that in beeline CLI, *"show
databases" and "show tables" didn't return all the databases and tables we
had, instead, they only returned one "default" database, and no tables
returned.*

The configuration change I remembered included:
Adding:

<property>
    <name>hive.server2.authentication</name>
    <value>KERBEROS</value>
</property>
To Hive Client Configuration Safety Valve for hive-site.xml (Gateway
service in CM) properly modified the hive-site.xml for Hue Server.

The commands in beeline I remembered after restarting hive, and before
running "show databases" and "show tables" was:
# create role role1;
# show roles;
# show current roles;

after that, the "hive" user in beeline could only return "default" database
with no tables for "show databases" and "show tables" command.

And I checked /user/hive/warehouse dir, all the databases and tables files
did existed.

Did anyone met this kind of issue before? Any comments and discussion are
highly appreciated!

--
Cheers,
-----