They are multiple ways of doing this without relying any vendors release.

1) Using  hive EXPORT/IMPORT utility

EXPORT TABLE table_or_partition TO hdfs_path;
IMPORT [[EXTERNAL] TABLE table_or_partition] FROM hdfs_path [LOCATION
[table_location]];

2) This works for individual tables but you can easily write a generic
script to pick up name of tables for a given database from Hive metadata.
     example

SELECT
          t.owner AS Owner
        , d.NAME AS DBName
        , t.TBL_NAME AS Tablename
        , TBL_TYPE
FROM tbls t, dbs d
WHERE
          t.DB_ID = d.DB_ID
AND
          TBL_TYPE IN ('MANAGED_TABLE','EXTERNAL_TABLE')
ORDER BY 1,2

Then a Linux shell script will table 5 min max to create and you have full
control of the code. You can even do multiple EXPORT/IMPORT at the same
time.

3) Easier  to create a shared NFS mount between PROD and UAT so you can put
the tables data and metadata on this NFS

2) Use Spark shell script to get data via JDBC from the source database and
push schema and data into the new env. Again this is no different from
getting the underlying data from Oracle or Sybase database and putting in
Hive

3) Using vendor's product to do the same. I am not sure vendors do
parallelise this sort of things.

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *