Hi,

I am sure someone knows the answer to this question.

Does Hive 2.0 use connection pool to connect to its metastore? I see a lot
of open and closed connections to the metastore that may not be necessary.

A *connection pool* is a cache of database connection objects. Connection
pools promote the reuse of connection objects and reduce the number of
times that connection objects are created. Connection pools significantly
improve performance for database-intensive applications because creating
connection objects is costly both in terms of time and resources.
Thanks

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com