> In short at the simplest set up what Resource Manager it works with?

Tez+Hive needs HDFS and YARN 2.6.0+ (preferably as close to an Apache
build as possible - CDH clusters need more work).

Hive2 needs Apache Slider 0.91 right now, to start the cache daemons on
YARN (see SLIDER-82).

> If so kindly specify both Hive and TEZ versions.

I maintain build scripts & configuration setups for Hive+Tez, for work

https://github.com/t3rmin4t0r/tez-autobuild/tree/llap

Both that & the master there builds Hive (2.1.0-SNAPSHOT) + Tez
(0.8.4-SNAPSHOT), this one has the
LLAP cache configurations turned on.

This is what I use to develop Hive, before there are releases and it will
allow each user
on a shared cluster to maintain their own independent private install of
hive - if you look at
something like the old Spotify Hive query presentations, you'll see that
more people have
used that to run their own private builds successfully :)

Purely out of laziness, the LLAP configurations in slider-gen.sh (i.e the
Xmx & cache values)
are configured exactly to match my dev cluster - 32 vcore + 256Gb RAM.

Cheers,
Gopal