Amazing. that is the first time I have heard that an optimizer does not
have the concept of flattened query?

So what is the definition of syntax tree? Are you referring to the industry
notation "access path". This is the first time I have heard of such
notation called syntax tree. Are you stating that there is somehow some
explanation for optimiser "access path" that comes out independent of  the
optimizer and is called syntax tree?

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com