Hello Mich,

Well there was a little problem, as of now it asks for adding mysql
connector to classpath. I simply added the mysql connector jars to
/opt/hive/lib/
I believe that should have sufficed isnt it?

ie.

mysql-metadata-storage-0.9.1.1.tar.gz

mysql-connector-java-5.1.39.tar.gz
it still gives me the same error :

Attempt to invoke the "BONECP" plugin to create a ConnectionPool gave an
error : The specified datastore driver ("com.mysql.jdbc.Driver") was not
found in the CLASSPATH.
. need I edit anything in the hive-site.xml file

Thanks,