> * Are you using Hive-2.x at your org and at what scale?

yes. we're using 2.1.0.  1.5PB.  30 node cluster.  ~1000 jobs a day.    And
yeah hive 2.1.0 has some issues and can require some finesse wrt the
hive-site.xml settings.

> * Is the release stable enough? Did you notice any correctness issues?

yes.  we did notice correctness issues.    "NOT IN" against a partition key
silently fails.  and trouble with UNION statements also got us.

> * MR is deprecated in Hive-2.x (Though almost all the qtests still use
MR). Are you still using MR with Hive-2.x?

we still use MR on YARN and have no issues with it.

> * Are you using the apache release or HDP ?

we're using Apache/Hive 2.1.0 on a CDH distro.  does cloudera certify it?
probably not.  Do i care? no. :)

bottom line IMHO is Hive 2.1.0 is still in an early adopter phase.
however, if you're the do-it-yourself kind of guy then i'm sure you can
adapt - and reap the rewards of your know-how.  If you're the type who
needs somebody else to go to when it fails then i wouldn't jump on it just
yet.

just one opinion!  :o

Cheers,
Stephen.