in Hive CL:

set today = cast(concat(substr(cast(current_date() as
string),1,4),substr(cast(current_date() as
string),6,2),substr(cast(current_date() as string),9,2)) as int)

From: Manish Rangari <linuxtricksfordev...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 6:23 AM
To: "user@hive.apache.org" <user@hive.apache.org>
Subject: Extracting data from ELB log date format

Guys,

I am trying to extract date, time, month, minute etc from below timestamp
format but did not find any function for this. Can anyone help me to extract
the details?

2016-09-15T23:45:22.943762Z
2016-09-15T23:45:22.948829Z

--Manish

This e-mail message is authorized for use by the intended recipient only and
may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you received
this message in error, please call us immediately at (425) 590-5000 and ask to
speak to the message sender. Please do not copy, disseminate, or retain this
message unless you are the intended recipient. In addition, to ensure the
security of your data, please do not send any unencrypted credit card or
personally identifiable information to this email address. Thank you.