Hi All,

I have a table with ORC input format in hive, I want to alter the table and
add a new column to hive table .If I add a new column at last position it
will work fine because it will show the null value in that column for
existing data,so it works fine.But my problem is,I want to add a new column
at specific position of hive table columns .If I add at some position
,obviously I will  get type cast exception because the ORC files which are
going to be added will contain that column but the existing ORC files
doesn't contain that column.

So How can I achieve this?. Is it possible to handle using partitioning ?  .

--
*Thanks&Regards*

*Prasad Bezavada*