Guys, I'm new to hive give me some tips to start..

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 8:04 PM, Elliot West<tea...@gmail.com> wrote:   It
looks as though your table is partitioned yet perhaps you haven't accounted for
this when adding the data? Firstly it is good practice (and sometimes
essential) to put the data into a partition folder of the form
"timestamp='<partition value>'". You may then need to add the partition
depending on how you are creating it. IIRC the Spark DataFrame/DataSet APIs
have good support for adding partitions to existing Hive tables although there
was a bug that prevented the creation of new partitioned tables when I looked
some time ago. If you are manually managing the partitions you may need to
issue an ADD PARTITION command using the Hive CLI:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual+DDL#LanguageManualDDL-AddPartitions