Hi folks,

I’m working on some workflow that needs to hit an API for fetching hive table
schema.

Currently, I’m using HCatalog Tempelton API
"apiURL:50111/templeton/v1/ddl/database/dbName/table/tableName?user.name=hive”
but as the rate of requests is increasing (currently the max is 10 per second)

I get a lot of timeout from the API. I was looking to know how I can scale this
API to be able to get better performance instead of increasing the timeout of
course. Are there any params that needs tuning ? Should this be done on the
metastore layer ? Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Ahmed Kamal
MTS Engineer in Data Science