if you were running CTAS command from hive CLI, you might have noticed that
headers get printed in CLI once the query execution is completed. I think
the property hive.cli.print.header is there to only print headers only in
cli.

Not sure about S3, but I tried below which worked perfectly

hive -e "set hive.cli.print.header=true; create table....." >> output.txt

Thank you,
*Pushkar Gujar*