> But on Hue or JDBC interface to Hive Server 2, the following error occurs
> while SELECT querying the view.

You should be getting identical errors for HS2 and CLI, so that suggests you
might be running different CLI and HS2 versions.

> SELECT COUNT(1) FROM pk_test where ds='2017-04-20';
> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.optimizer.calcite.rules.HiveRelFieldTrimmer.trimFields(org.apache.calcite.rel.core.Project,org.apache.calcite.util.ImmutableBitSet,java.util.Set)'
…
> Does anyone know whats going on here?

My  guess is that the CBO fieldtrimmer is getting confused that we're reading 0
columns from a partitioned table.

Try doing

SELECT COUNT(build) from pk_test where ds='2017-04-20';

If that works, but the count(1) fails - then we can dig a bit deeper into the
problem.

Cheers,
Gopal