Has anyone implemented SQL Standard Based Hive Authorization with CDH 5.5.2
(hive1.1.0)?

Cloudera has confirmed that it's not supported, but I have a need that
requires the implementation.

I've followed: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/SQL+
Standard+Based+Hive+Authorization

I've added the following to "HiveServer2 Advanced Configuration Snippet
(Safety Valve) for hive-site.xml" via Cloudera Manager.

<property>

<name>hive.server2.enable.doAs</name>

<value>false</value>

</property>

<property>

<name>hive.users.in.admin.role</name>

<value>oozie_runtime,hive,randerson</value>

</property>

<property>

<name>hive.security.metastore.authorization.manager</name>

<value>org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.security.authorization.MetaStoreAuthzAPIAuthorizerEmbedOnly</value>

</property>

<property>

<name>hive.security.authorization.manager</name>

<value>org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.security.authorization.plugin.sqlstd.SQLStdConfOnlyAuthorizerFactory</value>

</property>

<property>

<name>hive.security.authorization.task.factory</name>

<value>org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.authorization.HiveAuthorizationTaskFactoryImpl</value>

</property>

I've tried adding the following start up options to "HiveServer2
Environment Advanced Configuration Snippet (Safety Valve)" via Cloudera
Manager.

   - -hiveconf hive.security.authorization.manager=org.apache.hadoop.
   hive.ql.security.authorization.plugin.sqlstd.SQLStdHiveAuthorizerFactory

   - -hiveconf hive.security.authorization.enabled=true
   - -hiveconf hive.security.authenticator.manager=org.apache.hadoop.
   hive.ql.security.SessionStateUserAuthenticator
   - -hiveconf hive.metastore.uris=' '

I get the following error:

Could not parse: HiveServer2 Environment Advanced Configuration Snippet
(Safety Valve) : Could not parse parameter 'hive_hs2_env_safety_valve'. Was
expecting: valid variable name. Input: -hiveconf hive
.security.authorization.manager=org.apache.hadoop.hive
.ql.security.authorization.plugin.sqlstd.SQLStdHiveAuthorizerFactory -hiveconf
hive.security.authorization.enabled=true -hiveconf hive
.security.authenticator.manager=org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.security.SessionStateUserAuthenticator
-hiveconf hive.metastore.uris=' '

So, in short - I'm not sure how to start hiveserver2 with those options.
Any help you can offer is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob