Hi Jessica,

Is it possible that you are effected by this?

Peter

2017. máj. 15. 19:44 ezt írta ("Jie Zhang" <jiezh2...@gmail.com>):

Hi,

My team just upgrade Hive from 0.14.0 to 2.1.1. The operation log is
missing when running the query, no query progress is printed. The only log
printed in operation log is
"WARNING: Hive-on-MR is deprecated in Hive 2 and may not be available in
the future versions. Consider using a different execution engine (i.e.
spark, tez) or using Hive 1.x release. "

So far, we are still using MR execution engine. And the hive server 2 log
still prints MR job progress, but not in operation log. May I know whether
operation log is disabled for MR? or any property needs to be set in order
to get MR job progress routed to operation log? Thanks!

Jessica