Hi,

>  Please help us find whether we use the wrong configuration. Thanks for your
> help.

Since there are no details, I'm not sure what configuration you are discussing
here.

A first step would be to check if LLAP cache is actually being used (the LLAP
IO in the explain), vectorization is being used (llap, vectorized for tasks),
that the column stats show as COMPLETE (instead of NONE).

Here's some basic config defaults LLAP in an HDP install ships with

https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/src/main/resources/common-services/HIVE/2.1.0.3.0/configuration/hive-interactive-site.xml

You're probably in for a fairly long configuration journey - in the HDP
install, we've got almost ~2x perf gains in some queries with by using Log4J2
async logging (but only for LLAP, it is sync logging within HiveServer2).

These configs are all driven by the installer, because Hive only contains logj
.template files in the release tarballs.

Cheers,
Gopal