Use JDK8 and try G1 first, we saw lower GC pause under G1 especially in our
large memory environment
    On Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 8:14:03 AM PST, eric wong
<win19...@gmail.com> wrote:

---------- 已转发邮件 ----------
From: eric wong <win19...@gmail.com>
To: user@hive.apache.org
Bcc:
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2017 00:07:47 +0800
Subject: Re: For Apache Hive HS2 , what is the largest heap size setting that
works well?

1)Long GC pause should has detailed reson, like InitialMark/Remark、Full GC due
to Concurrent Mode failure/Promotion failure。Please check it
2)CMS is nice and steady for our production. Please troubleshooting case by
case. G1 is just difficult to perceive.
3)You shouldupdate to JDK8 ,for one case,ConcurrentInitialMark is disabled as
default or just only can be sequenced in JDK7.

I also recommend it you will have also performance improvements with JDK8 in
general (use the latest version). Keep also in mind that more and more big data
libraries etc will drop JDK7 support soon (Aside that JDK7 is anyway not
maintained anymore).