Hi Brandon,

Have you tried creating an external table with the required names for
parquet -

CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE IF NOT EXISTS EVENTS_PARQUET(
    `release` STRING,
    `customer` STRING,
    `cookie` STRING,
    `category` STRING,
    `end_time` STRING,
    `start_time` STRING,
    `first_name` STRING,
    `email` STRING,
    `phone` STRING,
    `last_name` STRING,
    `site` STRING,
    `source` STRING,
    `subject` STRING,
    `raw` STRING
)
STORED AS PARQUET
LOCATION '${OUTPUT}';

And then inserting data into this table from your csv table -

INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE EVENTS_PARQUET SELECT * FROM EVENTS;

This will create a parquet file at the specified location (${OUTPUT})

Thanks,
Prasad