Not suggesting a solution or a workaround, but I am curious if you produced
this NPE when running with LLAP, or even without LLAP (Hive 2.3.2).

For you information, running the TPC-DS benchmark (1TB scale) without LLAP
did not produce this NPE. But in other environments, the benchmark produced
this NPE.

--- Sungwoo Park