Hi Peter,

I upgraded the metastore jar to 3.0.0 and when I do:

ThriftHiveMetastore.Client client = new
ThriftHiveMetastore.Client(protocol);
client.setMetaConf("hive.metastore.disallow.incompatible.col.type.changes",
"false");

I get:

MetaException(message:Invalid configuration key
hive.metastore.disallow.incompatible.col.type.changes)

Am I not setting the property correctly, or will I have to upgrade the hive
server to version 2.4/3.0 as well?

Thanks!