Hi Tanvi,

Thanks! I will check that and have a talk with my colleagues to consider about
the upgrading.

Best,
Zhefu Peng

------------------ ???????? ------------------
??????: "Tanvi Thacker"<tanvithack...@gmail.com>;
????????: 2018??7??21??(??????) ????3:24
??????: "user"<user@hive.apache.org>;

????: Re: Does Hive 3.0 only works with hadoop3.x.y?

I would recommend upgrading to Hadoop 3.0 or 3.1 because of the following
reasons:-

It may be possible that Hadoop 2.x transitively brings some dependencies which
may conflict with libraries used by hive( like unpredictable library google
guava etc), which will affect your runtime environment.

Hive might be utilizing some of the new public APIs which are exposed in 3.x
line of Hadoop , so with Hadoop 2.x you may see some ClassNotFound/NoSuchMethod
in runtime if your query is addressing such code path.
In production, you must use the same the dependencies in which hive is compiled
and tested.

https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/rel/release-3.0.0/pom.xml#L149

Thanks,
Tanvi Thacker