One performance fix that is fixed recently and is related is HIVE-20621

Thanks
Prasanth

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 12:11 PM -0700, "Kevin Risden"
<kris...@apache.org<mailto:kris...@apache.org>> wrote:

Are there any resources on HiveServer2 performance - specifically binary vs
HTTP mode? I would also be interested in any information about enabling
compression between HiveServer2 and a client like beeline.

I was looking at HiveServer2 performance going through Knox in KNOX-1524 and
found that HTTP mode is significantly slower. I searched and didn't find any
references to performance of HiveServer2 out of the box. I also didn't see any
information about reducing amount of data over the wire with compression.

Any pointers would be very helpful. Thanks!

Kevin Risden