Hi,
I've noticed that "toad for Hadoop" used to be a thing, and that there are
several ODBC and JDBC compatible clients.  I've checked out HIVE view (which is
gone in the latest version of HDP), HUE, and SQUIRREL.  I've also tested
setting up an ODBC connection to SQL Server management studio and a JDBC
connection to Oracle SQL developer.

I guess I'm asking to do more of a survey to see where everyone else landed to
determine the "best of breed" IDE.  I just don't really love anyone of those
listed above and am looking for something next level.

Anyway, if you too are interested to know, please sound off.

Thanks!