*emp   ( Hive emp table,  Non partitioned table )*

empo
ename
sal
deptno

*emp_parquet*   ( Hive  emp_parquet table  Partitioned by deptno )

empo
ename
sal
Partition by deptno

I am  having two tables  emp  ( text file format  )   and emp_parquet  (
Parquet file format )

Both are have same columns  and  emp_parquet is  the partitioned table.

I want to select only *specific column*   ( Not all columns )  from emp
table  and insert into emp_parquet ( partitioned table )table.

*insert into table emp_parquet partition by (deptno)  select empno, ename
from emp;*

Please note :  I want to insert only empno, ename   and   NOT  sal column
in  emp_parquet table.  ( Partitioned table ).
I have tried with Non partitioned table,  it was working fine

Regards
Ravi

Regards,
RAVI PRASAD. T