Hello,

Locally I use Mariadb 10.4.8 when I validate metastore schema/etc changes. So
far, I've not uncovered any issues with it...

I'm planning to integrate some kind of smoke tests against all the supported
DBs to help uncover metastore related issues earlier.
To evaluate that we have everything working with mysql; it might be usefull to
see how well our existing tests behave on that version.
For that purpose the following things might be usefull:
* there is a way to run qtest-s against different metastores: see HIVE-21954
* the hive-dev-box can be used to configure and launch hive with
postgres/mysql/ora/mssql https://github.com/kgyrtkirk/hive-dev-box

cheers,
Zoltan