Hello Hive team,

I am happy to announce that as of today Apache HIve precommit tests with
ORC-1.6.7 (snapshot) are passing on master branch!
There were more than a few compatibility and bug fixes required to make the
jump from 1.5 but the version upgrade actually enables (among other things):

   - Column-level encryption (ORC-14)
   - Timestamps with local timezone (ORC-189)
   - Zstd support (ORC-636)
   - String stats min/max value trimming (ORC-203)
   - Timestamp predicates with nanosecond precision (ORC-611)

Please feel free to share your feedback as part of HIVE-23553
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-23553>
Of course, we still maintain a lot of duplicate logic as part of the LLAP
engine that can be optimized down the line -- planning to add a few more
subtasks there.

Cheers,
Panagiotis