Hello Hive users,

We are pleased to announce the 5.4.0 (Hive 2) and 6.1.0 (Hive 3) releases
of HiveRunner, the unit testing framework for Hive SQL. During development
of this release we have also moved the repository for HiveRunner's code to
a new location in GitHub: https://github.com/HiveRunner/HiveRunner/.

The biggest change for end users is that HiveRunner now has a new Maven
groupId - "io.github.hiverunner" instead of "com.klarna", this will need to
be changed in addition to the new version number.

In order to use this new release make the following change in your pom.xml
files, replace

<dependency>
  <groupId>com.klarna</groupId>
  <artifactId>hiverunner</artifactId>
  <version>5.3.0/6.0.1</version>
</dependency>

with

<dependency>
  <groupId>io.github.hiverunner</groupId>
  <artifactId>hiverunner</artifactId>
  <version>5.4.0/6.1.0</version>
</dependency>

There are also a large number of small changes, tweaks and improvements in
these releases. The most notable of which are:

*Fixed*

* Fixed bug where the files specified in @HiveSQL weren't being run when
using HiveRunnerExtension.
* Successful tests using "SET" no longer marked as "terminated" when run in
IntelliJ. See https://github.com/HiveRunner/HiveRunner/issues/94 for more
details.

*Changed*

* Set HIVE_IN_TEST to true in StandaloneHiverServerContext instead of
StandaloneHiveRunner so checks for non-existent tables are skipped by both
the JUnit4 runner and the JUnit5 extension (this removes a lot of log noise
from tests using the latter). (6.1.0 only)
* Renamed various test class names to end in "Test".
* Updated surefire-version-plugin from 2.21.0 to 2.22.0.
* Updated junit.jupiter.version (JUnit5) from 5.6.0 to 5.7.1.
* Updated junit (JUnit4) from 4.13.1 to 4.13.2.
* Updated mockito-core from 2.18.3 to 3.8.0.

*Added*

* Added getScriptPaths method in HiveRunnerCore. (6.1.0 only)
* Added getScriptPaths method in HiveRunnerExtension to be able to access
the other method in HiveRunnerCore so that it can be used downstream in
other projects. (6.1.0 only)
* Added fromScriptPaths method in HiveShellBuilder. (6.1.0 only)

Full details of this and previous releases can be found in the CHANGELOG:

https://github.com/HiveRunner/HiveRunner/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md (6.x)
https://github.com/HiveRunner/HiveRunner/blob/hive-2.x/CHANGELOG.md (5.x)

Binary artifacts for the release are available in Maven Central:

https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/io/github/hiverunner/hiverunner/6.1.0/
https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/io/github/hiverunner/hiverunner/5.4.0/

We encourage users of HiveRunner to upgrade to these new versions and
please report any issues you find at
https://github.com/HiveRunner/HiveRunner/issues.

Thanks,

Adrian
Principal Engineer
Expedia Group
(on behalf of the HiveRunner committers)