Hello,

we did an upgrade of our processes on a new cluster HDP 2.5 (more or less
1.2.1) --> HDP 3.1 (Hive 3)  and a lot of things were problematic

But mainly  you need to make sure you take care of the int -> String because
the new version of hive expects the right data type

So I would not expect a upgrade without problem, but YMMV.

my 2c,

Julien

Julien Tane
Big Data Engineer

[Tel.]  +49 721 98993-393
[Fax]   +49 721 98993-66
[E-Mail]        j...@solute.de<mailto:j...@solute.de>

solute GmbH
Zeppelinstra?e 15
76185 Karlsruhe
Germany

[Logo Solute]

[SoluteDay]<https://www.solute.de/ger/soluteday/>

Marken der solute GmbH | brands of solute GmbH
[Marken]

Gesch?ftsf?hrer | Managing Director: Dr. Thilo Gans, Bernd Vermaaten
Webseite | www.solute.de <http://www.solute.de/>
Sitz | Registered Office: Karlsruhe
Registergericht | Register Court: Amtsgericht Mannheim
Registernummer | Register No.: HRB 110579
USt-ID | VAT ID: DE234663798

Informationen zum Datenschutz | Information about privacy policy
https://www.solute.de/ger/datenschutz/grundsaetze-der-datenverarbeitung.php